Managing your Purchase Orders and Transfers
The model behind this feature is having one location (warehouse or distribution center) that handles everything your business needs to (re)order across all shops. The Master Order feature can be utilized by single location shops to easily manage orders between multiple vendors.
Creating a Master Order
- Press the Inventory button to access the inventory menu.
- Press the Master Order button.
- On this screen you can manually add Items to your Master Order. If you have set reorder points and desired inventory levels (see the Item Fields section) for your items, pressing the Add Reorders button will add all the items you should reorder on the Master Order.
Adding Items to New/Existing Purchase Order
When the Master Order has all the necessary items on it, you can submit the order to the vendor on an existing or new purchase order.
In the Assignment drop-down selecting Create New Orders will automatically create new purchase orders for the specified vendors.
Alternatively: You can add these items to existing purchase orders by selecting the Use Open Orders option in the Assignment drop-down. If you have an open order you can add your Master Order items to that purchase order by selecting an option under Choose Specific Purchase Order.
Adding Transfer Items to a Master Order
- Press the Inventory button
- Press the Master Order button
- Select the inventory transfer from the Add Transfer Requests drop-down and press the Add Transfer button. This will add all items from the transfer to the Master Order.
If you need to create a transfer first, refer to our Transferring Inventory Between Shops article.
Using Your Warehouse To Fulfill Transfers
- The first step to ordering items from your warehouse (and not your vendor) is to create a transfer for your shop. You start this by going into the Inventory tab or F3 from the main screen, click the Transfers button, then press the New Inventory Transfer button.
On this screen you specify the From/Sending Shop and the To/Receiving Shop. For the distribution model, the From/Sending Shop will always be your warehouse.
- After selecting your shops you can add items to your transfer manually or save time and press the Auto Add All button. This will add all items that are at or below their reorder points (just like on Purchase Orders). Save your work and then head over to the Inventory Tab and click Master Order.
In your Master Order screen you can add all the inventory on the transfer you made to your Master Order list by selecting your transfer under the Add Transfer Requests drop-down. Now would be a good time to add any additional inventory just like you did on the transfer.
- When your Master Order list is finalized you can add those items to a purchase order by pressing the Assign Items To Orders button.Note: you can add these items to open purchase orders by selecting an option in the Assignment drop-down.
- In the Inventory tab you will want to submit and complete your purchase order(s). For more information see our Purchase Orders section.
- When your inventory has been received you’ll want to head back to the Inventory tab to fulfill your transfers. Walking through the steps now you are pressing Inventory > Transfers > click on your Transfer number and then press the Send All Items button.