We’re excited to announce our release of the latest version of the MerchantOS Point of Sale App for iOS. The MerchantOS Mobile Sales App allows you to conduct simple sales with your iPhone or iPod Touch. You can add items by scanning barcodes using the built-in camera or by searching by keyword. Additionally you can look-up current stock-levels for any item in your inventory, connect sales to existing customers or add new customers all from the app. We’ve kept it simple to make sure it works quickly and easily and we’ll continue to improve the App as time goes on.
If you weren’t aware that we had an “app” don’t feel bad – we kept it pretty quiet while we learned what people wanted from an app and how we could improve it. The new release addresses many of the most common suggestions we heard – and a few bugs as well.
A note on credit card processing
The initial version was only able to support credit card processing via InnerFence (another iOS application) from MerchantWare’s gateway. InnerFence has now added support for Element Payment Systems and offers a free credit card swiper with new accounts. It’s also worth noting that InnerFence offers special pricing for MerchantOS customers.
We’ve also added support for PayPal Here, a service similar to Square that allows you to collect credit card charges as well as PayPal payments via your mobile device. Simply install the PayPal Here app, follow the signup steps and you’ll get a free credit card reader in the mail.
Features & Fixes in 1.1
Here’s what we addressed in this latest release of the MerchantOS Mobile Sale App for iOS.
- PayPal Here Integration – accept credit cards and PayPal easily
- You can now search items by UPC
- You can now see stock details in Item Detail view
- Easier selection of which payment type goes with InnerFence (and now PayPal Here)
- Add & edit customers – change name, email address and phone number
- Small tweaks to the “search” (add items to sale with fewer touches)
- Won’t display blank sales (sales without a customer or any items)
- Properly sets TaxClass on Sales (items without sale tax or different sale tax than the default will properly reflect the correct tax rate)
- Works well with accounts with a large number of customers (previously caused crashes)
- Search all customers (previously limited to a small subset of customers within a MerchantOS account)
We’d love to hear from you on what you’d like to see added and improved in our mobile app. We’ve created a specific channel on our Feedback site to collect your input on our iOS app.